Description: Information on the Kansas City Cradle, a child care and placement agency or organization (associated with the Council of Social Agencies during World War II) that began in 1915 as "the Harry M. Evans Children's Home Society" at 520 Woodland Avenue and partially moved in 1934 to the Eastside Maternity Hospital at 4911 East 27th Street before changing names to the Kansas City Cradle in 1936. At the end of 1936 it moved to a new building at 4321 Wornall Road. It disbanded in 1945 and became an affiliate of St. Luke's hospital.
Location: Vertical File: Kansas City Cradle
Item Type: Vertical File