Description: The article discusses the history and transformation of the Old Number One building (formerly the Missouri Valley Hotel built by George Park) to Woodward Hall. The old Woodward Hall (remodeled hotel) was later dismantled and much of the stone from the old hotel was salvaged and used in the construction of the New Woodward Hall at Park College in 1908. When a fire in 1978 destroyed the New Woodward Hall, the remaining original limestone from the building was used in the stone entrance to the underground McAfee Library.
Creator: Carolyn McHenry Elwess
Subject: Missouri Valley Hotel; Park College; Parkville, Missouri; Platte County, Missouri; Woodward Hall
Date: May-August 2009
Collection: Platte County Missouri Historical & Genealogical Society Bulletin
Item Type: Magazine Article