Collection: The Kansas City Star
Item Type: Newspaper Article
Note: The main entrance to the 2nd Electric Park was at 46th and Paseo Boulevards. It extended to Woodland Avenue. On May 19, 1907, the park was opened to a crowd of 53,000 by its owners, J. J. Heim, Mike Heim, and Ferdinand Heim, owners of the Heim Brewing Company. On May 28, 1925, much of the park burned and was not rebuilt. Part of the park continued to operate for years, however. In 1948, the Village Green apartment project and shopping center was built on the site.